Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Twitter is for twee twerps, two twucks near the twowwey

Everyone is a twitter about Twitter. I will now execute myself for using that. But before I go, you should know that Twitter is basically a scam. It's the Yahoo! of bullshit. Like most fads, it takes a deceptively simple concept and stretches it way too far.

And like a fad, everyone rushes to join it. This time around, Twitter has been backed by celebrities and politicians. Now every politician thinks people are chomping at the bit to follow their inane thoughts or their retarded reactions to shit.

Most obnoxious are media personalities adopting it. CNN's
Rick Sanchez's Twitter is supposed to be a big fuckin' deal. He responds to people who twat at him, which I suppose is cool and shit, but beyond that, virtually nobody has any useful thing to do with Twitter.

Twittites defend it by saying that it's supposed to be a simple way to follow what someone's doing during the day, or to find out how people are reacting to things they encounter during the day. But that's stupid. I don't want people to know my every reaction to everything. If I think something is interesting, I will tell you myself later on, not broadcast the thought and have random people read/respond to it. That doesn't seem to strike me as the point of communication. It's more like how animals communicate (in most situations), just spouting shit and having everyone else react appropriately.

Well I'm not an animal. I'M A HUMAN FUCKING BEING. DO YOU HEAR ME, TWITTER? YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME!

Anyway, Twitter has reached its peak, I think. It has hit the top of its fad-dom. All it needs to do is jump the shark and then drop down to a Pets.com level, into obscurity. What will that shark be? I'm betting someone will twitter a mass murder and people will realize how fucking pointless and gauche it is and abandon it.

Or Facebook will devour it. Same shit.

P.S. It's been said before, but only Shaq's Twitter is any good. Now here's a man who understands new media: It's largely an exercise in absurdity not to be taken seriously.

No comments: