Monday, February 2, 2009

Bloggin' from work!

In the Who Gives a Fuck Department of blog postings, today I found out that it is not Amity Shales, it's Amity Shlaes. At first I thought someone at Salon was just being really sloppy, but it's being confirmed everywhere else that it's spelled S-H-L-A-E-S.

Huh? I've heard of this crazy axewoman for the past six months and every time I saw her name, it was spelled S-H-A-L-E-S, clear as day. Yet... I was wrong! How could this be?

Is my mind playing tricks on me? Have I been consuming hallucinogenics without my knowledge? It's like one of those dreams you have where you're convinced it actually happened to you in the past, and only later do you realize that it was just a figment of your imagination.

Somewhere in Hell, Rene Descartes is laughing. And then he is complaining about having another pitchfork rammed up his ass.

Incidentally, Knut Rockne isn't complaining that much.

No comments: